Determine your individual needs
Talk to me
Once you have analyzed your individual needs, talk to your neighborhood broker. If you are moving out far from my working sector, I will be able to refer you to a professional broker in the area of interest to you.
Checklist for visiting a property
You’ve found your dream house?
Expenses to allow for when signing before notary
- Deposit to accompany Offer to Purchase
Tax redistribution and refunds: Refunds are calculated from the date of the signing of the deed of sale. You are responsible for reimbursing the seller for the number of days paid to date:
- Municipal taxes
- School taxes
- Heating oil tank: The seller is required to have the tank filled on the day of the signing of the deed of sale and submit the invoice to the notary for reimbursement in full by the buyer.
- Electricity meter (Hydro Québec): The buyer and the seller must notify Hydro Québec of the date the property is scheduled to change hands, have the meter read, and ensure that all amounts owing are properly allocated.
- Homeowner insurance: Upon signing of the deed of sale, you must present proof that you have contracted homeowner’s insurance in an amount equal to or greater than the mortgage on the property.
Expenses to allow for after having signed the deed of sale
Land transfer or welcome tax :The municipality in which you settle will bill you within four (4) to six (6) months of the signing of the deed of sale in an amount based upon the selling price and scaled as follows:
- 0.50 % of amounts up to $50,000
- 1.00 % of amounts between $50,000 and $250,000
- 1.50 % of amounts exceeding $250,000
- Moving, painting, interior and exterior decoration, etc.